What's different on our HST?
- You'll be able to access complimentary wi-fi on this service, however this will be through the Great Western portal rather than Hull Trains. Please select the 'GWR WiFi' option and then follow the instructions to log in.
- First-class carriages boast great legroom, additional tables and WiFi. Complimentary food will also be available, served to your seat.
- The café-bar will be in a different location on the train and may have a slightly different menu due to the equipment available on board – listen out for announcements from the on board team for more details.
- Bicycle spaces are also available, but will only be stored at one end of the train. Please book these in as normal and ask station staff where to wait with your bike on the day of travel.
- The seating plan on a HST is slightly different than our normal trains as there are not the same number of tables. We will make every effort to place your seat reservation as close to your seat number. To locate your reservation you will need to check the seat number on the HST against the seat reservation label.
Safety on the train
The HST is slightly different to our usual trains in that the doors are manually operated and open from the outside. The short video from our friends at ScotRail explains how to get on and off the train. If you’re unsure, please speak to a member of our on board team. You can also book assistance for this train should you need it here.
Please do not open the windows and/or put any part of your body outside of the train while it is moving.
Further emergency information will be available in the leaflets on the trains.