Scunthorpe Station | Station Information | Hull Trains
The industrial, northern town of Scunthorpe was originally served by Frodingham station which opened in 1864. This station was rebuilt and replaced in 1928 by Scunthorpe and Frodingham station. Only known as the latter name for 40 years, the station today is simply called Scunthorpe station. There are two platforms where train services travel east towards Cleethorpes and west towards Manchester. Scunthorpe is known for being an industrial town surrounded by woodland areas and parks and the station is located near to the old steelworks which was once booming until its closure in 1981.