Feeling festive? Here's a run down of some of the best 2021 Christmas activities and events going on along the Hull Trains route. Book your train tickets direct today on the Hull Trains website or app for great value fares!
For more inspiration, why not read our Christmas in London blogs > Lights & Attractions, Shopping & Markets.
1. Hull Christmas Lights Switch On – 18th NovemberHull city centre will see a festive transformation from Thursday 18th November when the Christmas lights are switched on! More details are yet to be confirmed including live entertainment announcements. Stay tuned!
2. Christmas on Humber StreetThis area of Hull is known for its creativity and community, making it a brilliant place for festive activity. If you’re looking for a family friendly option, why not meet Father Christmas at the Santa Claus Experience? Find out more and book your tickets here. Also don’t miss the Good Things Market: Winter Edition on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th November, perfect for your Christmas gift shopping!
3. Beverley – Let Loose A Magical Christmas AdventureAnother brilliant family friendly option, Beverley based Let Loose is putting on an unmissable festive activity this Christmas. From 1st December until Christmas Eve, children can enjoy Santa’s grotto, a forest of lights, a Christmas train ride and so much more. Book your tickets here.
4. Beverley – Christmas MarketsA week of festive markets is happening in Beverley this December. Fitting for the traditional market town, Beverley will see two Christmas themed markets providing a variety of goods, food, drink and festive spirit. The Beverley Festival of Christmas happens on Sunday 12th December, head to the website for more details. The Made in East Yorkshire Christmas Market will be on from Monday 13th to Friday 17th 10am-8pm in the Saturday Market area.
1. Natural History Museum Ice Rink22nd October 2021 to 16th January 2022
The famous ice rink at the Natural History Museum is back for it’s final year after 16 annual appearances! Don’t miss out on your last chance to skate in front of the museum backdrop, book your tickets in advance here.
2. Christmas at Kew Gardens17th November 2021 to Sunday 9th January 2022
Take a trip to Kew Gardens and experience a magical winter trail through tunnels of light and beautiful illuminations. Find independent food and drink stalls along the way. Book your tickets here.
3. Pergola Paddington Deck the Halls11th November 2021 to the end of December 2021
Visit a rooftop winter wonderland at Pergola Paddington this festive season. With 350 real Christmas trees, log fires and alpine lodges, it’s the perfect location to feel festive. You’ll need to book in advance.
4. FriendsFestive at Truman Brewery25th November 2021 to 19th December 2021
If you’re a big fan of Friends, you don’t want to miss a chance to see the famous sets with a festive makeover, as well as Friends themed food stalls and a cocktail bar. From Central Perk to Chandler and Joey’s apartment, it’s definitely something different to experience on a festive trip to London – book your tickets here.
5. Covent Garden9th November 2021 to 3rd January 2022
If there’s anything that will get you into the Christmas spirit, it’s seeing flurries of snow fall on Covent Garden’s West and North Piazza. On the hour from 12pm until 7pm, Covent Garden will become even more magical with dustings of snow amongst its festive backdrop. Make sure you stop by on your trip to London this Christmas.
6. Winter Wonderland19th November 2021 to 3rd January 2022
A staple for any Christmas trip to the capital, Winter Wonderland is the largest festive attraction in London each year. There’s something for everyone to enjoy, from the ice bar and ice skating, to 100 Christmas market stalls and rides. This year, you must pre-book a ticket to enter. Off peak tickets are free but peak tickets will cost £5 or £7.50. Book here.
12th November 2021 to 16th January 2022
7. Harry Potter - Hogwarts in the Snow
Returning again for 2021, Hogwarts in the Snow is a sensational festive attraction for any Harry Potter fan. This year, the Forbidden Forest will also be transformed into a wintery set. You’ll also see Diagon Alley, Hagrid’s Hut and the Hogwarts model castle festively dressed, and of course the Great Hall. Find out more and book your tickets here.
8. Winterfest at Wembley Park25th November 2021 to 4th January 2022
A free winter lights trail, Winterfest is a brilliant visual display of light. Featuring London’s tallest LED tree at 25ft, it is made up of 100,000 lights pulsing to a rhythm. Light installations and exhibitions will be showcasing the theme “Reunited in Light”.
Book your Hull Trains tickets today - great value Advance fares start from just £21!