1. The Lastminute.com London EyeLocated on London's iconic South Bank, close to London Waterloo station, take a ride up to 135 meters high for beautiful panoramic views of the city where you'll spot many of the city's top landmark around you. The 2FOR1 offer grants entry for 2 for £31, saving you a brilliant 50% on the walk-up price. You're guaranteed the best views of London's skyline from above, and at the best value. Do remember to book your ticket in advance and check for any exclusions before booking.
2. Greenwich Park and the Royal ObservatoryAs London’s only planetarium, Greenwich Park is home to such a unique experience. The Royal Observatory is a fantastic day out for everyone, especially if you have a budding astronomer in your family. The park also provides one of the best skyline views of the city of London showcasing the iconic buildings along the River Thames. With 183 acres of gardens and trails, explore the brilliant historic landscape that even dates back to the Roman times. The flower, herb and orchard gardens is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of London's city centre. You'll also find The Wilderness Deer Park within Greenwich Park where you can follow the paths and trails to viewing points. Here you may catch a glimpse of the herd of deer living within the park!
3. The South BankVenture at your leisure, by day or night, and stroll along the tree-lined Thames riverside in Waterloo. Here you will find yourself surrounded by an array of restaurants, galleries and tourist attractions while having a picture-perfect view of London's cityscape. The South Bank is in the heart of London, where you will discover Big Ben, Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square all within a 10-minute walk. This water side stretch is home to the Lastminute.com London Eye, Southbank Centre, Sea Life London Aquarium and much more. If you do wish to visit these attractions, please note you may need to pre-book in advance. The South Bank area has been noted as the capital's cultural playground featuring art, theatre, exhibitions, music, film and free events. If you are looking for more inspiration for your South Bank adventure, follow the Walk This Way walking guide where you will discover the heart and history of the South Bank.
4. Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry PotterA must see for all Harry Potter fanatics! Just a short journey outside of London and you can discover the sets, props and costumes created for the movies at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Watford, WD25 7LR. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets in advance here for your magical day out. Please remember to book your tickets in advance as tickets cannot be purchased at the attraction currently.
Alternatively, if you’d prefer to stay central there are many Harry Potter guided walking tours to take you around London’s famous streets that inspired the films. Walk in the footsteps of Harry Potter himself at the famous filming locations and see London like never before. Go behind the scenes of the big screen!
5. St James's ParkSt James's Park is surrounded by famous and iconic London landmarks, perfect for exploring. Away from the hustle and bustle of Trafalgar Square, meander down The Mall and you’ll reach the royal residencies, Buckingham Palace. See if you can spot the resident pelicans that call St James's Park home. A gift from the Russian Ambassador for King Charles II, pelicans have lived here for 400 years! With 57 acres of land to explore, it's a fantastic place for a picnic and stroll.
A short tube ride away from central London, Wembley is home to the renowned Wembley Stadium which has hosted some of the biggest sporting and musical events. From sell out concerts to England’s World Cup victory in 1966, the stadium has seen many unforgettable, historic moments. See the stadium up close and walk up the famous Wembley Way connecting Wembley Park station to the stadium. You'll find the London Designer Outlet right next door where you can shop from a range of brands including Nike, H&M, Hamleys and Haribo. If you’re making a day of it in Wembley, you’ll have a huge range of places to eat offering different cuisines to match your needs.
6. Wembley Stadium & London Designer Outlet
7. ZSL London ZooDiscover an incredible range of more than 800 species and exotic residents of the Gorilla Kingdom, Land of the Lions, Tiger Territory and Penguin Beach. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, in Regent’s Park, you can get up close and personal with nature. ZSL London Zoo host frequent live talks, daily animal activities and immersive demonstrations so you will find yourself with plenty to do and get involved with for the day. Book your tickets and timeslot online prior to arrival.
8. Museums: Natural History Museum & The Science MuseumHead over to the South West of London, South Kensington, for free entry to the Natural History Museum. Full of fascinating exhibitions, it is bursting with captivating collections and displays. See family favourites on your self-guided tour of the museum and walk through the dinosaur, whale and volcano galleries. Just remember to prebook your free tickets online before you get there!
If you’re still in the mood for museums, the Science Museum is located just a stroll away from the Natural History Museum, on Exhibition Road. Another one to keep the kids busy whilst they can learn something new! Prebook your free ticket here.
9. The London DungeonIf you’re looking for something for the older kids, the London Dungeon is the perfect, unique and thrilling attraction. You’ll hear some of London’s grisly, infamous accounts of the likes of Jack the Ripper, Guy Fawkes and more with live actors, shows, rides and special effects. Located in the heart of London’s South Bank right next to the Lastminute.com London Eye, London’s past will come to life in the underground vaults of County Hall. Go back 10 centuries and see, hear and even smell the characters as they bring the stories to life in 19 different live shows. With the benefit of the 2FOR1 offer at this attraction, gain entry for 2 for £30, saving you an extra £30 when booking for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
10. The Thames Rockets
Don't forget to book your Summer travel on the Hull Trains website for the best fares. Don’t miss our brand-new Duo and Family ticket web only offers, save 33% on your rail travel when you book direct with Hull Trains on our website!